Effective as of September 16, 2021
Bestpass, Inc.® (“us”, “we”, or “our”) is a payment platform and toll management solution for commercial fleets across North America. Additionally, through our Payviam® service, we provide comprehensive toll management services to the consumers whose vehicles contain the Integrated Toll Module™ (ITM), as well as RV owners using RV Tollpass™ (collectively our “Services”).
In support of our Services, we operate the following websites:
- http://www.bestpass.com (including my.bestpass.com and getbestpass.com)
- www.payviam.com (including my.payviam.com and get.payviam.com)
Information Collected and Use
By accessing our websites or using the Services, you agree to the collection and use of information below in accordance with this policy.
Personal Identifiable Information: While using the Services or our websites, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information (“PII”) that is necessary for creating your account or managing the Service and can be used to contact or identify you. PII includes, but may not be limited to:
- Name (personal and business)
- Contact Information (e.g. - Email addresses, phone numbers, and addresses)
- Vehicle Information: vehicle make & model, license plate number, travel patterns — including tolling locations and routes — and other information we may collect from your use of the Services and/or websites or you choose to provide which may be used to identify you or your vehicle.
Non-Personal Identifiable Information: When you visit our websites or use our Services, we automatically collect and store the following information which we do not consider to be PII:
- Username. Your Username or Internet Protocol Address. The Internet Protocol Address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer.
- HTTP header, user agent. The type of browser you are using, its version, and the operating system on which that browser is running.
- HTTP header, referrer. The web page from which you accessed this web page.
- System date. The date and time of your request.
- Full request. Your exact request.
- Status. The status code the server returned to you.
- Content Length. The content length, in bytes, of any document sent to you.
- Method. The request method used.
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI). The location of a resource on the server.
- Query string of the URI. Anything after the question mark in a URI.
- Protocol. The transport protocol and the version used.
- Payment and use information, such as: the date, type, amount, and category of any payment; financial, credit or debit card payment information, and other relevant data for processing payment, such as your name, billing address, checking account number/ card number, and expiration date.
We collect PII and non-PII when you use our websites, use the Services, and/or contact us by any method including by mail, telephone, live chat, or email. We use the information that is collected to perform or improve our Services and websites, to help understand how users interact with both, and to better communicate with you about the Services. We also collect this information for statistical analysis, to determine what information is of interest to our users, as well as to improve the websites and Services. We do not sell or otherwise disclose the information collected from this website for commercial marketing purposes.
Review and Requests to Change Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all Information we collect is maintained as submitted by you to us and your information is used for its intended purposes.
To update, correct and/or request to remove your PII, please contact us:
- In Person: Bestpass, Inc., 500 New Karner Road, Albany NY 12205
- Phone: Bestpass Customer Service: (888) 410-9696; or
Payviam Customer Service: (888) 725-1012
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you use our Services or websites (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Services and websites that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor, and analyze this type of information to improve our Services’ and websites’ functionality.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. The Help feature on most browsers provide information on how to accept cookies, disable cookies or to notify you when receiving a new cookie.
If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our Services or websites, therefore we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to enhance or facilitate our Services, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related activities and/or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform specific tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use your information for any other purpose.
We may use your PII to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Compliance With Laws
We will disclose your PII and non-PII where required to do so by law or if we believe that such disclosure is necessary to comply with lawful requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Services.
If Bestpass is involved in a merger, acquisition, or asset sale, your PII will be transferred as a business asset.
The security of your PII is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store, to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the PII we have collected from you.
Your information, including PII, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access our Services. Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect PII from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your Children have provided us with PII, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected PII from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.